Shortcut to navigation Hlavné menu Shortcut to navigation Hlavné menu 2
ICBB ENG

Short Trips to Surroundings

ŠPANIA DOLINA, STARÉ HORY, HARMANEC

Optional trip can be accomplished every time when the customers are above the number of two, the registration have to be 4 days before, the date and hour will be cleared by the obligatory order of the trip. The lasting of the trip: 7 hours (cca 50 km).
Horný Harmanec - the visit of Harmanecká Cave with professional commentary.
Špania Dolina - the visit of mining village with earlygothical church from 1254 and the exposition of laces in historical building Klopačka.
Staré Hory
- the visit of the oldest mining hamlet with holy shrine of Virgin Mary.


BANSKÁ ŠTIAVNICA

Banská Štiavnica in the Štiavnicke Vrchy Mountains is the jewel of Slovakia and a designated UNESCO World Heritage site. Over 360 monuments and historical buildings blend into the spectacular scenery of its surroundings. In 1735 the empress Maria Theresa established the first mining school in this town, the first such a university worldwide and later model for the famous school of polytechnics in Paris.
Open-air Museum of Mining was opened in 1974 at the site of the 16th and 17th century Ondrej and Bartolomej mining pits. The above ground exhibit consists of mining buildings and mining machinery. The underground exhibit is located on two levels, one at a depth of 33 m, the other at 45 m. The length of the underground track is 1300 m and, in a typical mining environment, the exhibit shows the mining technologies from 16th century onward to the present time.
Glanzenberg  is in one of the oldest mining tunnels of the region and it is the site of the Slovak Mining Museum. It honours dignitaries and members of the Austro-Hungarian royal family who visited this mining town in the past. 
Kammerhof is an exhibition dedicated to the mining history of Slovakia. The individual exhibits give a comprehensive insight into the History of Mining, Mining Science and Technology, Education in Slovakia and the History of Book Printing in the region of Banská Štiavnica. Working models of mining machines are exhibited as well.


WOODEN ARTICULAR CHURCH IN HRONSEK - UNESCO HERITAGE

Wooden articular church in Hronsek was built on mural basis in the years 1725-1726. The construction of such a church was tied to special conditions. It had to be built exclusively from wood, without iron nails and the construction had to be completed within one year. The pews in the gallery are arrayed as in an amphiteatre so that the altar is visible from each of the approximately 1100 seats. Six altar-pieces are extant, all of the same type and shape. They are placed in the altar, following the cycle of the liturgical year. The altar comes from the 18th century. The organ is a particulary splendid specimen. It has no pedals and has 6 sounding registers.


ČIERNOHRONSKÁ WOODLAND RAILWAY

Čiernohronská woodland railway with the length of 132 km is the longest historical railway in Slovakia. 17 km of tracks between Hronec - Čierny Balog - Vydrovo have been reconstructed, offering exquisite sentimental journeys. Woodland railway is a "smaller copy" of classic railways - with narrower track gauge, which could be more easily adjusted to the terrain. The construction of the 10,4 km long main section from Hronec to Čierny Blh (today Čierny Balog) began in 1908. Other branches were added gradually, even with help of war prisoners during the World War I. In the period of the largest transport of wood there were working seven locomotives  and the railway was run by about 115 workers transporting 200-250 persons daily. According to the decision of the Goverment of the Slovak Socialist Republic, it was meant to be liquidated by the year 1985. Already in 1982, when the railway was still working, the rest of the railway was recorded into the Central National List of Cultural Monuments. At that time it was the only working woodland railway in Slovakia. At 1st May 1992 renewed steam train set off for first time along the reconstructed tracks to Vydrovská Valley. Nowadys the Čiernohronská Railway is operated during the summer tourist season. Trains run along the reconstructed track section from Chvatimech to Čierny Balog and Vydrovská Valley (altogether 12 km). Six historical locomotives, 2 steam locomotives, motor wagon M21004 and 10 historical wagons gathered from the woodland railways not only from Slovakia but from the foreign parts too.  


 

webygroup

date: 2017-08-19

Name day of: Lýdia


Slovenská verzia

21610432

Homepage